If you love the old just as much as the new, then Woollahra could be for you. We thought it was high time to explore the tree-lined streets and heritage treasures of this desirable Sydney suburb.
Where is Woollahra?
You won’t find many suburbs better located than leafy Woollahra. With trendy Paddington and its markets just to the west; Sydney CBD under 5 kilometres away to the north-east; Bondi Beach an easy 10-minute drive to the east, and Centennial Parklands directly to the south, Woollahra gives you city, beach, park and culture in one elegant package. Little wonder that it holds its value well in the Sydney property market, with the average house price at $3.5 million and unit price at $1.19 million at the time of writing.
Who tends to live in Woollahra?
You’ll find lots of families with children and professionals in Woollahra, and there are also plenty of people in their later careers and enjoying retirement. Woollahra has a sense of sophistication with its cafés, boutique retail and beautiful heritage homes that make it a perfect spot to find your forever home.
The Woollahra lifestyle
You’re just as likely to spend your weekends on your treadly in Centennial Parklands as you are to walk along the beach at Bondi. Here are just a few lifestyle highlights for the area:
- The café culture – our favourites are Sonoma Bakery and Plane Tree Café.
- A morning spent walking along Queen Street and wandering into boutique clothing stores.
- Sunday sessions or a meal at one of the area’s old English-style pubs.
- Catching a star-lit flick at Moonlight Cinema in Belvedere Amphitheatre, and
- Saturdays spent at nearby Paddington Markets with a fresh coffee and donut in hand.
If you’re after a heritage home with plenty of character, Woollahra will instantly feel like home. There are multi-storey Federation and Victorian terraces, renovated workers’ cottages and Art Deco mansions. Woollahra doesn’t often make the Sydney property news for flashy new developments; instead, this area is all about established properties with contemporary apartments tucked in amongst them.
Other features and amenities
- Grocery stores include quality local grocers and providores, with all the usual major supermarkets close by.
- Schools include Woollahra Public School and Reddam House, with options close by including Holy Cross Catholic, Glenmore Road Public School and Sydney Grammar Preparatory School.
- Woollahra Golf Club is a public access course with lush grass and water views.
- Murray Rose Pool (also known as Redleaf Pool) close by provides a beautiful harbourside tidal enclosure to swim in, complete with a kiosk and showers.
If you’re looking to buy, rent or lease out property in Woollahra, the team at Wills Property is here to assist. Explore available properties for rent or for sale now, or contact our Bondi Junction team today.