There’s a certain magic about Maroubra that’s hard to describe. We think a lot of it comes down to having sandy feet and space to play. Here, our local real estate agents in Sydney cover exactly why this eastern suburb is so desirable and in demand.
Where is Maroubra?
At around 10 kilometres south-east of the CBD, Maroubra is just far away enough to feel relaxed while still offering easy journeys for any city commutes. You have a stunning national park directly to the south, beautiful Maroubra Beach along the eastern edge and Coogee and Bondi to explore to the north. Maroubra’s fantastic location means that property tends to hold its value well, and we expect this area to only keep growing both in infrastructure and demand.
Who tends to live in Maroubra?
There’s a relaxed beachy vibe in Maroubra, with a mix of families, couples and singles – and surfies of all ages. There’s a youthful and energetic atmosphere that’s reflected in the buzzy cafés and retail in the area, but everyone is welcomed from the octogenarian morning swimmers to the young families making their school runs. People are just a little friendlier in Maroubra.
The Maroubra lifestyle
You are truly spoilt for choice when it comes to weekends around here, particularly if you love being out and about in the sunshine. Here are just a few ways you might spend your spare time:
- Beach lounging for days; Maroubra Beach itself is large and spacious, and there’s a whole coastline to explore.
- Catching some laps at Mahon Pool or chilling at Rob Walker Rock Pool.
- Grabbing a late brunch with friends at one of the great cafés in the area.
- Heading to Malabar Headland National Park for stunning cliffside vistas.
- Getting active in Heffron Park with its excellent sports facilities.
Maroubra is home to a mix of architectural styles. While you’re most likely to find beautifully renovated family homes, there’s also a great mix of apartments and townhouses if you’re looking for something smaller.
Other features and amenities
- Grocery stores include all the usual supermarkets close by, as well as local grocers and health food stores.
- Schools include Maroubra Bay Public School, St Mary and St Joseph Catholic Primary School, Maroubra Junction Public School and more in surrounding areas.
- Golf clubs aplenty in nearby Eastlakes, and
- Sydney Airport,which is conveniently close.
If you’re looking to buy, rent or lease property in Maroubra, then Wills Property is your go-to team. We offer highly experienced property management and real estate agents in Bondi Junction with great value services throughout Sydney’s eastern suburbs. Contact our agency for real estate in Sydney today.