With the Melbourne Cup upon us I thought it would be fun to look at the famous Race 7 at Flemington.
By the numbers:
- On average Australians spend $350 million in betting on race day.
- To date there have been 89 Melbourne Cup winners.
- Saddle cloth numbers 4 and 12 are the most successful in the race’s long history. Each number has 11 Cup wins to its credit.
- The most successful barrier in cup history is number 5 with eight wins.
- The most successful silk colours are white and yellow each with 24 wins.
- 4 year old horses have won 45 races.
- By weight 53kg has won 9 races.
To get an edge requires expertise, skill, insight and luck!
Here at Wills Property we are constantly analysing the property market to assist our clients in picking a winner.
When looking for the right property we consider:
- Location – proximity to amenities and suburb
- Value – what you get for the price
- Market momentum – what is the local market doing is it going to get better
- Quality – build quality and suburb performance
- An X-factor – what is unique about the property that adds or can add value?
- Time – Timing and time in the market
As an asset class real estate offers the average person the ability to get ahead.
The 2018 Russell Investments/ASX Long-term Investing Report showed that Australian residential property outperformed equities over both 10- and 20-year periods, at an average of 8% per annum.
Long term, we will have 40 million people in Australia, where are they all going to live?
Property looks like a safe bet to me.
To find out how you can get the best out of your property contact:
+61 467 44 38 38.